You are notified on a regular interval when you have quarantined messages. The quarantine notification interval is set either by your administrator or, if you have permissions, you can set the interval on the Settings > Quarantine Notifications page. Note that quarantined messages expire after 30 days.
Use the Message Log to manage mail. The Message Log page displays all email messages that come through the Barracuda Email Security Service to your account. You can filter messages by All, Allowed, UI Delivered, Not Allowed, Blocked, Deferred, or Quarantined using the drop-down menu. Note that messages expire after 30 days.
Messages are blocked due to the following:
- Spam and virus policies set by your administrator for the domain; and
- Email address or domain block policies, as well as email from other users, set by your administrator for the domain.
From the Message Log page, select one or more messages, and then click on an action. To select all messages, select the check box at the top of the Message List.
Depending on the message filter, once you select one or more messages, you can take the following actions:
- Spam – Selected messages are sent to Barracuda Central for analysis.
- Not Spam – Selected messages are sent to Barracuda Central for analysis.
- Whitelist – Senders of selected messages are whitelisted; note that you cannot whitelist blocked messages.
- Recategorize – When one or more categorized emails are selected, allows you to change the category. For example, if the message is categorized as Corporate but you believe it should be categorized as Marketing Materials, you can change the category via the Recategorize drop-down. This action submits this email message for recategorization to your selected category. If you select Other and enter a custom category, the category updates for that particular email message. For more information, see Email Categorization below.
- Export – Selected messages are exported to a CSV file. When prompted, enter a file name and select whether to save to your local desktop or network.
- Deliver – The service attempts to deliver the selected messages to your mailbox; note that you cannot deliver messages blocked for Advanced Threat Protection (ATP). If a message is successfully delivered, the Delivery Status changes to Delivered. The mail remains in the log until you select the message and click Delete. If the mail cannot be delivered, a notice displays in your browser window and the Delivery Status does not change. If delivered messages are not delivered to the recipient's mailbox, it may be due to a filter on the mail server or a service on your network catching the mail as spam. Check with your system administrator for more information. Additionally, check your local trash/spam folder for the mail.